LCHF Shopping List No 1
I will share my LCHF shopping List No 1. When you start out on such a new lifestyle, you need a lot of practical information about what to eat, where to buy it and what to do if you can’t get your preferred ingredients.
On my list you’ll find lovely food ingredients but what is quite necessary for you to have as well is a blender, both a stick blender and a juicer. I also use a food processor for making bread and pizza.
You can do fine with just a small freezer, I don’t freeze that much, but it is nice to have the chance to store your bread in the freezer.
I never use a microwave oven, but I use my oven or stove quite frequently for bread, pizza and roasting nice things.
LCHF Shopping List
In your kitchen you should always have the following as basic ingredients;
- Coconut oil with and without flavour – for eating raw and for frying
- Psyllium Husk fibres
- Baking powder (abandon yeast)
- Potato fibers (“Pofiber”) – it’s a Swedish product and I’m desperate to find it in both the UK and in Canada! I am in a transition to find alternatives to my recipes. You can buy it online but it will be overseas, please go to this website
- Almond flour and coconut fibres/flour, both for baking
- Seeds such as chia, sesame, flax, sunflower and pumpkin, especially for crisp bread
- Nuts (they’re quite high in calories and Omega-6, but a handful a day at maximum is OK)
- Olive oil, or if you don’t like the olive taste use avocado oil or flax seed oil (don’t use sunflower oil)
- Eggs, and don’t fear for your level of cholesterol. I will explore this in another post
- Full fat cottage cheese, mostly for baking bread and pancakes
- All the cheese you love, the hard cheese are the best LCHF-wise
- Double cream and sour cream, best raw or at least non-homogenized
- Whole milk and best if non-homogenized
- Butter, salted and unsalted (the latter for coconut fat bombs)
- Fresh vegetables, if you follow a STRICT LCHF choose the ones grown overground, so no roots
- Fish and meat of all kinds, but only the fresh ones, never buy the processed foods
Please feel free to contact me, if you need more information or have proposals for other products.