I find it a little annoying that buying food of high quality in my part of the city is like a treasure hunt. I hope you’ll find inspiration to getting the good stuff via the lists below. Please bear in mind that the list is reflecting the area in which I live, which is East London. I will adjust the list whenever I find good shopping facilities all over the Greater London area.
Adresses for shopping in London
I recommend Borough Market, Broadway Market, Bloomsbury Market. There are naturally a lot of other farmers markets – also with raw diary products, but as I haven’t seen them yet, I will not mention them directly here.
Shops and webshops
- Holland & Barrett, supplier of many good products, se more about locations here
- Leila’s Shop at 15-17 Calvert Avenue (only organic foods), closed Monday and Tuesday
- As Nature Intended with shops in Balham, Chiswick, Ealing, Marble Arch, Spitalfields and Stratford.
Visit their website for more information; asnatureintended.co.uk
- The Grocery at 54-56 Kingsland Road, open 7 days a week
- The Moxon Fishmongers at Islington High Street (nearest tube Angel Station)
- For buying a most important ingredient for baking, Pofiber, go to this website (not available in the UK yet)
- Waitrose (unhomogenzed full milk and a lot of non-processed nice food. Too few organic vegetables, though)
Please contact me if you have suggestions or comments to the list.